Spicy Ahi Poke Bowl Recipe
Inspired by Hawaiian Ahi Poke recipe
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- 1 small fresh sashimi-grade Ahi tuna steak (about 4 oz.)
- 3 tbsp. chopped scallion (green onion)
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. diced tomato, fresh
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sweet BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. (a dash) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. white sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp. black sesame seeds
- Pat tuna steak dry, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in a bowl.
- Add tomato, green onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, BBQ sauce, garlic, onion powder and sesame seeds.
- Toss together until sauces are fully mixed and tuna cubes are fully covered.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Option: Add matchstick carrots and serve over mixed greens for a Spicy Ahi Poke Salad (shown below).
Option 2: Add jasmine rice for a Spicy Ahi Poke Rice Bowl.
Option 3: Add ramen noodles for a Spicy Ahi Poke Ramen Bowl. Make sure to mix it up thoroughly so the sauces get on all the noodles.